Proverbs 4:25-27

Let thine eyes look right on, and let thine eyelids look straight before thee.

Ponder the path of thy feet, and let all thy ways be established.

Turn not to the right hand nor the left: remove thy foot from evil.



Wednesday, October 5, 2011

Sympathy Pains

I went to see my midwife today. I ended up being a half an hour early. As I sat in the waiting area of the birthing center, I could hear a mother giving birth in a room of the birthing center. One of the ladies that works there came out and told me that my midwife would be out soon. As I sat there waiting, I found myself remembering how it was when I gave birth to my first. I said many of the same things that this mama was saying. Things like....."I can't do this", "Cut me open and take the baby out", and "It hurts too bad". I felt her pain. I started to contract after a few minutes of hearing her labor.

Soon, my midwife came out and took my blood pressure. She said it was high and asked if listening to the other mama was stressing me out. I said "No, my heart just goes out to her because I've been there before". It is amazing how our bodies can react to what others are going through. The rest of my appt. was rushed so that my midwife could get back to deliver the mama's baby.

I pray that the mama and baby have a speedy recovery.

1 comment:

  1. The one thing I still have a hard time believing is once delivery is over the pain is gone!! And the day after I couldn't remember how bad it hurt and now a year + I think it back and say it wasn't that bad. I am praying for you and the little one!!

    ReplyDelete